Tabernacle Community Development Corporation (TCDC), a non-profit community development corporation centered in San Francisco’s Bay View Hunters Point, is seeking a staff member who is excited about building a community based development corporation step by step; and who holds the competencies to structure a central office site to resource the daily work. The Staff member must be able to work within a team and contribute specific expertise, knowledge and skills to the staff’s operations, and the growth of the corporation’s ‘capacity’. Interactions and communication with the community, team members and Board of Directors will be ongoing and paramount in the execution of the Staff member’s role within the team. Come take a seat at the table and help contribute to committed team dedicated to continual growth of much needed innovation and success in the community we serve.
Performs a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative functions under direction of the President and Chief Executive Officer. This position requires proficiency in the full range of general office service, as well as specific technical knowledge of the services of organization.
Primary Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Consistently maintain effective office assistant work relationships with staff, business partners and Board of the Directors, as instructed.
- Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- Fax, scan and copy documents
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
- Record and distribute accurate messages
- Greet the public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Coordinate messenger and courier service
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Retrieve information when requested
- Update and maintain internal staff contact lists
- Co-ordinate and maintain staff administrative records such as staff parking, staff phones and company credit cards
- Type documents, reports and correspondence
- Organize travel arrangements for staff
- Co-ordinate and organize appointments and meetings
- Assist with event planning and implementation
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Perform work related errands as requested
- Keep office area neat and organized
- Other office support tasks, as assigned
Similar experiences in organizational office support, providing master calendar development and coordination, compliance report monitoring, Writing Skills, Microsoft Office operations
Track record of reliable overall office administrative support, to include set up, organization and maintenance of both hard copy and electronic files
Proven history of problem solving, office supply and inventory control
Excellent verbal & written communication and professionalism
Education and Preferred Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Business college training an advantage
- Previous office experience may be requested but this can also be entry level position
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent
- Internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and data collection
- Mathematic and literacy skills
Key Competencies required (Specific examples should be provided in a resume cover letter.)
- Independent worker with organization and planning skills; work management and prioritizing skills
- attention to detail, accuracy and reliable quality work results
- teamwork and positive interpersonal relationship skills
It is important that your application reflect all of your relevant education, training and experience as follows:
- Include Employment History for the past three (3) to five (5) years.
- List your present or most recent job first, including any volunteer or non-paid work experience.
- List separately each position held, even if with the same employer.
- List positions you have held prior to the last three (3) to five (5) years.
- If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected from consideration.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER